Thursday, May 7, 2009

HOT HOT HOT!

I've heard it hit 102.....  holy smoley its hot.
I am not ready for hot, I'm so sluggish and sleepy.
Today is kinda not going well, Last night was night #1 and today day#1 of the baby chickens being outside in the pen with the older two chickens and the young ducks.   All were still alive but one White leghorn roo is all pecked up and bloody.. bad bloody. Possibly going to have to be put down...Ok... one chicken and a roo at that I can handle that... bloodthirsty little buggers...  All the ducks were fine and accounted for.. they have been outside for a while and been fine..  An hour later Mike comes home and goes out there and hollers theres a duck down... one little brown hen cant get up... he sets her up and puts her by the water and she drinks...  seems to be reviving some... but what the heck she was FINE a little while ago.. has the swimming hole to swim in and drink out of... Now one of the black ducks is limping and resting a lot...  Geeze...  
all are eating and drinking and walking around so we shall see what tommorow brings..
I need a dang nap~!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Welcome to my little corner of the world! I am the Wife, Momma, Animal caretaker, Gardener, I am always doing something: Canning, cooking, baking, gardening, chicken duck & turkey raising... After my day job I cram in a whole other life!

Stat Counter

Followers