Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

I know I havent blogged much,  but I am going to try to do more. 

21 days ago I put eggs in the incubator not looking at the calender....  Today for Easter Wyatt went to church with his grandparents and right before he got home I heard chirping!   Within about 10 minutes of him arriving and seeing the cracked egg our first easter chick pushed its way into the world.  A BLUE AMERICAUNA EGG!   3 more are pipped but are not in as big a hurry to come out it seems.  


there are 5 more pipped but they arent chirping or hurrying like this little guy.  He was out of the egg within about 30 minutes of pipping.  I have a second incubator with 42 eggs in it.  a nice batch of turkey eggs,  some duck eggs and a hoard of chicks...  I cant wait....  

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Welcome to my little corner of the world! I am the Wife, Momma, Animal caretaker, Gardener, I am always doing something: Canning, cooking, baking, gardening, chicken duck & turkey raising... After my day job I cram in a whole other life!

Stat Counter

Followers