Saturday, March 26, 2011

Incubator goodness.....

I survived the back injury ordeal...  2 weeks of misery and I am still ouchy from time to time and weak when it comes to bending and picking anything up.  I hate it! 

But I have good news!   The stryfoam incubator I had that got mauled by chickens while sitting outside drying after a hatch?!  Its rebuilt nice and fancy!   I enlisted the help of a cabinet maker named Davy that I went to high school with.   He was talking on facebook about making jewelry boxes and I sent him my request and he was willing to take it on!   For a mere $30 my incubator is running again!   (He did say if I did another one it would be more... haha.  seems it was more complicated than he thought.)   So introducing:



  I had to install the fan today.   I tried a smaller one and no go.... took forever to come up to temp.  So I went with the original computer fan setup I had before but made a deflevtor and now it is coming up to temp a LOT faster.  I still have to find something for the bottom to hold water but its awesome!  

There is no finish on it... I am going to pick up a little woodburner kit tommorow and "draw" a little.  thinking some chickens and feathers burned into it and then stain and seal it.    It is too dang cool!   Eventually I may just take the other styro one to him too  and have him make another!   If anyone needs an awesome incubator bo built I know the man for the job!  

I am hoping to be better about updating soon....  trying to be more organised....   not an easy thing for me.. the queen of frazzled!   Trying to get the garden actually started and going....  Did figure out the mint AND the oregano came back!  YAY!    Going to be busy though.. my little cowboy starts horseback riding lessons tommorow!   He is soo  excited!   Next school year he is elligable for boy scouts and then in a couple years 4H....  I cant wait!   Hoping he stays interested in the things I am looking forward to!   

Goodnight Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Welcome to my little corner of the world! I am the Wife, Momma, Animal caretaker, Gardener, I am always doing something: Canning, cooking, baking, gardening, chicken duck & turkey raising... After my day job I cram in a whole other life!

Stat Counter

Followers