Saturday, February 26, 2011

2011 Garden and Farm Plan

OK I havent talked much in quite a while... but here I am!

Getting Spring fever!

Making lists of what I want to plant in the garden
Plotting some raised type beds
Changing the layout of my garden.
Plotting the fight against the weeds that will come

Just started researching something new to plant... mostly for the boys enjoyment...
The boy LOVES peanuts...
So I am going to try to grow our own!

Hopefully I can get motivated this weekend to clear out the raised bed and add some new loose soil...
Planning to plant:  Onions, Garlic, maybe Shallots.
Then: Spinach and Salad greens, lettuce etc.

Of course the usual plantings later. Tomatoes & Peppers. 
I also want to make an Asparagus bed.
Maybe try strawberries again... 

Maybe we will get the Husbands "garden" done...
He wants to make a spot out back for corn and watermelon and pumpkins.

Its a lot to get done in our spare time.

I have had the incubator running for a few days to test.  I just started getting eggs again... and our first duck egg.  
Today I am seperating the cochins
 and silkies and maybe the lone Gold Laced Wyandotte with a glw roo....  I lost my Americauna roo sadly so no purebreds from them this year like I had planned.

But its time to get moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Welcome to my little corner of the world! I am the Wife, Momma, Animal caretaker, Gardener, I am always doing something: Canning, cooking, baking, gardening, chicken duck & turkey raising... After my day job I cram in a whole other life!

Stat Counter

Followers