Sunday, February 27, 2011

Wildfire....

Today has been a heck of a day... and its not over yet!

We got moving early to get some work done outside before the wind picked up.   I got another pen set up for the little dog so I could get my chicken pen back.  (Now that they are back in their pen they keep escaping dang it!)
Hubby got the mower going and scalped part of the garden.  
We had to get ready for a benefit lunch we were asked to attend and the wind was picking up.
A strong howl by the time we got to lunch it was raging when we got home.
It has howled all day long.  
And the wildfires started all over the region.   5,000 acres burned west of us before contained,  as I type there are numerous out of control wildefires, Borger was evacuated we heard,  Matador evacuated and last report was Roaring Springs was under watch.   Fires by Earth, Colorado City, Midland, Post.
A few small fires in our immediate area.   The wind is dieing down finally,  but its hard to relax and I worry we wont get much sleep tonight.   So much dust in the air its coating my laptop as I type.  Its horrible!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Welcome to my little corner of the world! I am the Wife, Momma, Animal caretaker, Gardener, I am always doing something: Canning, cooking, baking, gardening, chicken duck & turkey raising... After my day job I cram in a whole other life!

Stat Counter

Followers