Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The man and his crazy ideas....

So I mentioned yesterday that Mike was working on a new crazy ass project. Heres a little background: December2008... a friend tells me he needs to rid himself of a 4x4 suburban, how much I ask thinking of my dear RRC... $200... Mikecant get the thing home fast enough... With a little tinkering and some huge ass tires added we have a running monster on its way to Post, Texas to play with the 4wheel drive club. Its ugly, its HUGE... but it works and was cheap. 




Who needs a jeep anyways?




Here it is on its first Post run Valentines day of all days...




Happy Freaking Valentines day to me...




it was Cold...




It Thunderstormed




and




instead of rain it was ice pellets....
But there are some problems with running a beast like this rockcrawling.... The long wheelbase can get you into binds like this:




Where the jeeps can just toodle on around and get out... the Beast ended up jammed up good... So RRC decides modifications are needed to improve the BEAST.




Oh crap says I... as the sawsall comes out.




Yesterday he went to work....





At this point I got bored and the horendous noise of cutting metal annoyed me so I wandered off to attack the garden with the tiller after making Mike stop and show me how to start the tiller for the MILLIONTH time... 




Then RRC starts hollering at me and I look up and see this:


See why I wasnt so happy about the thought of the sawsall?

Yesterdays final product was THIS:

But Mike isnt done yet..... 

From what I caught before I slip into a psychotic coma listening to him

he intends to cut off the back behind the rear tires to shorten the length...

and he has aquired the cab of a pickup to weld behind the rear doors.

Esentually making it a crew cab pickup but shorter ala Chevy Avalanche

Why BUY one when you can MAKE one

I just shake my head and walk away...

I think I need to go buy some more chickens to calm myself....

Just wait hes not done yet

I told you you were in for a wild ride?




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Welcome to my little corner of the world! I am the Wife, Momma, Animal caretaker, Gardener, I am always doing something: Canning, cooking, baking, gardening, chicken duck & turkey raising... After my day job I cram in a whole other life!

Stat Counter

Followers