Saturday, May 22, 2010

Living for the Weekend...

Finally this week is over!   
My cold finally bested me on Thursday and I stayed home from work
and slept most of the day.
Worked Friday but man was I feeling yucky.
Today I can tell I am improving 
I think.
Still coughing and congested.
But there is a LOT to get done around here.
Spring cleaning here never ever ends....
After being down and out for a week with the boys in charge.
I scrubbed my kitchen clean... whew men are the messiest cooks.
Now it is sparkling, I almost dont want to cook and mess it up.
Husband is gimping... his knee is hurting him really bad and we dont know why.
He didnt DO anything to it...
I moved the baby turkeys to the brooder cages in the barn...  
Its nice not having the brooder tubs in the house.  I am thinking we may not do that again.  
I hope the youngest ones adjust ok. 
Mamasita (turkey)is still sitting on her 4 eggs I think they are due to hatch June 1st.

Our current due dates are:
Chicks  5/25
Ducks 6/1
Turkeys 6/1(Mama & Incubator)
Chicks 6/ 2
Bunnies 6/5
Bunnies 6/6 ( 2 litters) 
Ducks/Turkeys  6/9
I need to get off my hiney and plant more in the garden this weekend.
Ive been putting it off.

I think we are going to the library today.
and the park.






No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Welcome to my little corner of the world! I am the Wife, Momma, Animal caretaker, Gardener, I am always doing something: Canning, cooking, baking, gardening, chicken duck & turkey raising... After my day job I cram in a whole other life!

Stat Counter

Followers