Monday, May 17, 2010

Tragedy almost....

Sure enough....
I got excited about my new baby turkeys.
Yes #5 hatched... 
BUT!!!!
When I got home today I walked in the door to the most horrible peeping.
from the turkey brooder with my newest babies.
I dont know if they wallowed in the water dish or if it leaked some how.
But my new babies were soaked, chilled and writhing like they were dieing.
I stuffed them back in the incubator and waiting and hoped......
.........
......
4 hours in the incubator and they are back to normal somewhat.  
I changed waterers just in case. 
new dry bedding in the brooder and
the older turkey babies transfered for warmth and teaching.
They are now back in their brooder and I am holding my breath.
Hopeing they will be ok.
Turkey babies sure are determined to DIE....
:-(

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Welcome to my little corner of the world! I am the Wife, Momma, Animal caretaker, Gardener, I am always doing something: Canning, cooking, baking, gardening, chicken duck & turkey raising... After my day job I cram in a whole other life!

Stat Counter

Followers