Monday, May 17, 2010

Mondays incubator scoop....

This weekends chick count:
1 duckling
4 turkeys!


now swoon from the cuteness i'll wait for you.....
I sold off ALL yes ALL of the chicks and ducklings that were in the brooder cages in the barn yesterday.
14 ducklings
23 Chicks.
I was excited and sad at the same time. Room was needed for the hatches do in the next few weeks and my evening chores were becoming life consuming and I needed a break.
Now I only have the silkies, cochins, frizzles, frankenchickens and the Wyandottes underfoot
I did keep the youngest crew that included more silkieXfrizzles, some Americaunas and some Leghorn X Americaunas, 2 ducklings and 4 turkey poults(cant sell them of course)
We welcomed the cuties above this weekend and this morning. Two more eggs left. 1 duck 1 turkey. When I checked last the turkey was pipping and maybe starting to zip open and the duck hadnt pipped yet.
I was working on easing back on my incubating... but have had tons of inquiries about chicks after selling off all of those this weekend so may keep setting some.
Now to other things...
The garden is coming along. Demon grass seems to have started dieing off... Chickens are knocking the rest of it out I think. Got one more bed reclaimed, onion sets planted(late..) the tomatoes and peppers have been planted for a while. Need to plant squash, cantalope, luffa, and a few other things I am trying this year. Mike wants to plant corn and Watermelon again... I need to tell him to get moving on that haha.
Im working on blogging more.... some days I get it all typed up and the computer spazzes and looses what I've typed... slow internet and slow wore out laptop are not a good combo. I am planning on trying to replace it next spring.
But... thats all for now. I will work on being a better blogger!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Welcome to my little corner of the world! I am the Wife, Momma, Animal caretaker, Gardener, I am always doing something: Canning, cooking, baking, gardening, chicken duck & turkey raising... After my day job I cram in a whole other life!

Stat Counter

Followers