Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tuesday..silence... a rare thing.


 The view from my front door this afternoon


We are having ac issues today in our little farm "shack"(what I call this place when something goes wrong)
I think its cooling off now.  Not sure what its malfunction was but it does this about 3 times a year... Either when I am sick(like today of course) or it is a bazillion degrees outside.   So the man and his trusty sidekick went to town to get something for said malfunctioning unit of comfort.   

The only sound I hear is turkey poults peeping.  All 5 of the suicide clan are still kicking... saw one eat this morning...  hope hope...
I drug my hacking sneezing self outside and divvied up chickens for the billionth time... Im trying to find the right combo of hens and roos and pens and chaos to keep the extra banty mutt roos from muddying my breeding plans.   Hubby wont let me GET RID OF THE MUTTS... so I am stuck juggling roos.   I decided my production red and black sexlink hens are going in with the Buff Orphingtons.  The white leghorn hens went in with the Americaunas.  

Now I have an empty pen... 
with plans to hopefully convince my friend to let me borrow her pretty Paquito... 
 a littly fluffy manly black cochin roo... since  I am cochin rooless and want cochin chicklets... 
and my little bitty baby cochin roo is just getting his crow...  and earned himself the name Squeaky(eee..Eeeee.EEEE says Squeaky!.)  
Got that done.. moved the chicklets that were in the house in a rubbermaid brooder out to the barn to the "brooder/rabbit cage"...  yay! no more stink for now...  the turkey brooder box is still inside... but for some reason they dont stink...    So I accomplished a little bit today.   I am patting my icky sick self on the back for that..... 

It is a gloriously beautiful evening so far and sucks to not feel good enough to be working outside.  
Parsley, Oregano and Mints.

Our little fish pond is full of lilypads and goldfish.
Walking (topsetting) Onions 
saved from an old homestead a few miles from us 
that was about to be plowed under.
The place was a field of these growing wild 
 The first tomato of the season.  
A "Black" heirloom variety. 
I need to remember to save the seeds! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Welcome to my little corner of the world! I am the Wife, Momma, Animal caretaker, Gardener, I am always doing something: Canning, cooking, baking, gardening, chicken duck & turkey raising... After my day job I cram in a whole other life!

Stat Counter

Followers